Friday 27 January 2012

My GoodReads Review of Always by Pamila Daniel - not my type of book, but...

AlwaysAlways by Pamila Daniel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm going to say upfront, I didn't get to the end of this book I got to halfway through. So, why 4 out of 5 stars then? The reason, is I think this is a well written book and engaging, but for someone else, not me. If you like Barbara Taylor-Bradford, or Danielle Steele, then this book is your type of book.

When I read the summary, it suggested maybe a bit of paranormal to me, and there is some spiritualism in it, but it is definitely in the strong-woman romance category with the supernatural gift on the side. I want wonder with my supernatural talents, y'know, a bit of the unusual, and this book doesn't attack the subject that way, it is much more matter-of-fact, reminds me actually of Orson Scott-Card's Alvin the Maker in its practical style - another book that left me personally disappointed.

I tried this book out on a chance, it wasn't for me, but I think literary romance lovers, or those who just like strong women in their fiction with really go for it.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I don't know if this is proper writer etiquette but I just wanted to thank you for the kind words about my book. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it, though. Yours is my first review - I was beginning to believe that none of the people who downloaded my books had ever read them!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pamila. As a writer myself, I know how you feel about the reviews, sometimes waiting is hell, and I really thought your book deserved a review :) You will get more, I'm sure.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear from you. :)