Saturday 5 July 2014

Express Yourself Meme - Did you have a beloved toy growing up?

The Express Yourself Meme is hosted by  Jackie @ Bouquet of Books and Dani @ Entertaining Interests. And their 'question' this week is Did you have a beloved toy growing up? What was it?


I'm a bit late this week, but I'm joining in anyway :)

I had a koala-shaped teddy that was given to me when I was born, and I would still have him if it was not for our first ever dog, Barnabas. When he was a puppy, and teething, Bassy would chew anything, and one day, my koala-bear was in reach. All that was left by the time he had finished was a head and bits of body. I was most upset, even though I was in my teens at the time. However, my wonderful parents went searching and found a replacement, so I still own koala mark II. He sits on top of my sideboard in my bedroom, an ageing, but much loved old friend. :)
~

2 comments:

  1. It's nice you found a replacement. I still have a few childhood toys laying around. Can't bare to part with them just yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's something about childhood toys, isn't there - all the memories, all the love, they are so precious :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear from you. :)