Wednesday 8 February 2012

My GoodReads Review of Ghost a la Mode by Sue Ann Jaffarian - an excellent book!

Ghost a la Mode (A Ghost of Granny Apples Mystery #1)Ghost a la Mode by Sue Ann Jaffarian
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I adored this book, it is witty, touching and just a damn good adventure mystery in the end.

I like ghosts and murder mysteries, so this book had two pluses for when I read the blurb. Add to that the style and engaging characters and I was in love. I was thinking this would take me four session on the exercise bike (my reading venue of a morning), but I was so into the book this morning, that I kept on reading until I had finished it!

A 40-something divorcee is not usually my idea of an engaging main character, but I liked Emma a lot, and the strong, somewhat bombastic Phil was a winner from the moment I met him in the pages of this book. Not to mention Granny Apples. The town of Julian is also described well, the author knows her location.

This is chick lit with a paranormal twist and I will be looking up more Granny Apples mysteries for sure.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear from you. :)