Friday 20 April 2018

Ghostly Inspirations R is for Remote #AtoZChallenge 2018


Welcome to my offering for The A to Z Blogging Challenge 2018
My theme this year is Ghostly Inspirations
a collection of spirits that have been prompted by my encounters with places and times. Some are spooky, some more about atmosphere. I'll be describing each inspiration and the phantom that came to my mind, and then I will share a drabble, which I hope will entertain. :)



Disclaimer: The places and experienced I have used for my inspiration are real, but my ghosts and drabbles are complete fiction, linked to nothing and no-one, alive or dead. When writing about my inspirations, I may have changed names and obfuscated specific details to 'protect the innocent' :).

~

R is for Remote




Inspiration:
Do you ever ever have those times when electronic equipment behaves oddly? It can seem really spooky, especially when you’re on your own, but invariably there’s a logical explanation. I have managed to change the TV channel by sitting on a cushion that’s partly on the remote. But maybe, just maybe, there might be a time when there is no logical explanation.

Ghost:
Nannie was a shut in; for the last ten years of her life, she never left her house, barely even opened the curtains of her house. Her only contact with the outside world, apart from meals on wheels, was her TV. She loved her soaps and hopped from channel to channel picking up the lives of her favourite characters. Nothing stopped Nannie from watching her soaps.


When she died in her arm chair, it was three days before anyone found her.

~

No Sharing

Tom flopped onto his sofa, put his feet on the coffee table and flicked on the TV: new house, couple of lagers, the latest Marvel movie - perfect. As familiar music began and the red logo appeared, Tom dropped the remote onto the cushion next to him, settling in.

::Blink:: the TV showed a woman yelling at a scruffy lad.

Tom grabbed the remote and flicked back, relaxing again.

::Blink:: the angry pair were back.

Tom swore and grabbed the remote.

“No!”

Tom leapt out of his seat and stared at the sofa, heart racing.

“Out of the way.”

 Tom fled.


~

Other paranormal and spooky stories by Sophie Duncan.


~




Newsletter Subscription Form

We'll send you details of book releases, competitions and other news from our authors, BUT we WON'T spam you, or pass your details on to anyone else.
Wittegen Press

We will also give you 2 FREE ebooks just for signing up.

* indicates required

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sophie - certainly funny things can happen - but so often just a blink somewhere - though not too sure about the spooky remote - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He-he. Love the drabble :-) Every time something electronic acts up, I give it a firm talking-to: sometimes it works ;-)

    Ronel visiting from the A-Z Challenge. Latest post at Ronel the Mythmaker

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had electronic behave weirdly for me...yet. o.o

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    My A to Z’s of Dining with IC
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear from you. :)