Tuesday 12 March 2013

FB3X Drabble Cascade #1 - Word of the Week - question

I'm joining in the FB3X Drabble Cascade #1.


Author's Note
I decided to write a fanfic drabble this week, because I haven't done a whole lot of fanfic writing in a while, and it's fun ;) This is actually a small interlude that follows on from a fanfic I wrote last year called 'A Sex-Witch At Castle Stein'. It based on characters from The Stein and Candle Detective Agency by Michael Panush, a fabulously testosterone-filled set of pulp detective stories with a twist, namely zombies, ghosts and other supernatural mayhem. I'm a slash writer, so that is the way my fanfic rolls, but the little interlude below is PG :)

When I read the word of the week, my immediate thought about a question is that, usually, the most important thing is the answer...

A New Place

by Sophie Duncan



"Whaddaya think?" I asked proudly, sticking my heels up on my desk, leaning back in my expensive chair, hands behind my head and grin plastered on my face.

Weatherby stood in the doorway just behind Evelyn, and, if I'm honest, it was the kid I was checking for approval of our new offices. It had been nearly a month since he'd dealt with the Sorceress, but that bitch still had a hold on him and this ol' soldier wanted to give him a lift.

He walked in then, looked around some more, adjusted his glasses self-consciously and, finally, smiled.


~

4 comments:

  1. Is the fanfic online somewhere? (I've not had time to browse around yet)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's on LJ: http://thwax.livejournal.com/135289.html :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks, I'll have to a nose tomorrow :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, how sweet. :) I adore characters with gruff exteriors that are softies underneath.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear from you. :)