Wednesday 13 March 2013

FB3X Drabble Cascade #1 - Question or Answer? (Non-fiction)


Y'know, I've been thinking about drabbles a lot while setting up the FB3X Drabble Cascade #1 and up till now I've been assuming that they're works of fiction, because that is the classic definition, but then I got to thinking some more and I wondered - why? If someone has something to say in the non-fiction realm, then why not attempt the challenge of getting it into 100 words? So, then I thought, do I have anything to say in 100 words about 'question' , our inspirational word of the week? And here is the result. ;)

Question, or Answer?


What is more important, a question, or its answer? 

Questions can tell you a lot about the asker: for example, which one of these two do you think is short on patience?

"Alright?!"

"Is that alright with you?"

The response is also telling.

"Fine!"

"Oh yes, completely."

Which responder is friendly, and which one means the opposite of what they're saying?

We can convey lots by just the phrasing of a question, but also its tone is important, which we can express with punctuation, like the exclamation mark. 

Questions: subtle, blunt, warm, or cold, where would we be without them?


~

3 comments:

  1. Very cool :)

    Did you add your link into the list?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, this is very interesting and makes me think thinky thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear from you. :)