Tuesday 22 January 2013

Trying out something new - a standing desk, and other things

Yes, your read that right, yesterday, I went out and bought a low table (actually a television stand) to put on my desk to turn it into a standing desk. And no, I haven't lost my senses, I have a very good reason: two weeks ago, I hurt my back and I believe slouching in my office chair has had some input to the weakness in my lower back. So, this is the first full day of my standing desk. I used it all yesterday afternoon and, apart from cramp in my right foot, which is due to my talipes, I felt really good, no sore back when I stood up and, actually, it's seems to make me relax my shoulders more as well.

So, now to work: I'm currently putting the finishing touches to a vid for our latest set of anthologies, which has taken me a week to produce - it's been a while since I did any vidding :) And then, hopefully by the end of the morning, I get to go back to my current WIP, the sequel to Death In The Family (I had a couple of revelations during my time off from writing while vidding, and there's an extra character going in, plus some scenes hitting the bin, because I don't need them).

3 comments:

  1. I want to completely switch to standing desk. But my legs feel tired after 30 minutes of standing. I hope I'll get used to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine ached and ached for a few weeks, but now they are accustomed to it and I find sitting a bit strange :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear from you. :)