Thursday 19 November 2015

777 Challenge - Page 7, Line 7, 7 Sentences of your WIP

I was tagged by Natasha Duncan-Drake for the 777 challenge, so here I go :).

777 Challenge
Page 7, Line 7, 7 Sentences

The 777 challenge requires you go to Page 7 of your work-in-progress, scroll down to Line 7 and share the next 7 sentences in a blog post. Once you have done this, you can tag 7 other bloggers to do the same with their work-in-progress. (see further down for those tagged), so here I go :).

So, my WIP is called, Witch Blood. It's the second in The Night Blood Chronicles:,
When coming of age means a taste for blood. Tom Franklin is haunted by his dreams, nightmarish images of dark places and even darker instincts. Learning they are repressed memories from his early childhood, Tom must face the heritage from his birth-father, a savage vampire known only as Raxos.

Page 7 of my word document takes the reader into Tom's memories of when he was with his father as a small child. The first book, Night Blood, dealt with revelations and extremes of emotions, but in Witch Blood, Tom is beginning to explore what his father's heritage means to him, and that involves remembering what it meant when he was a child.
He [Tom] wobbled a bit, because everything was blurry and he kept thinking about the taste of the blood in his mouth. It was gone now, clean like his face and hands, that Papa had wiped, but he was still tingling with the excitement of chasing the rabbit and he kept remembering the bite. It took him a moment to realise they had stopped and he just stood there when Papa crouched down to his level. Papa smiled at him. Tommy blinked back.
[You did well tonight, Tommy], Papa praised and he felt pride that was not his own slip into the back of his thoughts.
The happy feeling slowly made Tommy smile too, but it was one of those funny times when he knew it wasn't all him...
 Thanks for reading, I hope this excerpt piqued your interest.

So, now I am tagging these wonderful writers:

Good luck to you all! :D

3 comments:

  1. That is an interesting excerpt! Sounds like there's an interesting (tense?) dynamic between father and son. Thanks for tagging me (I just now noticed it--I'm behind with reading blogs). I went to my WIP (book three in a series) and found the line I should start with and it's actually really spoiler-y as far as book two goes haha. I'm not sure I want to post that... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spoliers - now that could be a problem - maybe pick a multiple of 7 instead :)

      And yes, there's a tense dynamic between father and son! ;P

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear from you. :)